Saturday, September 12, 2015

New Jawa piston.

So I messed up my stock Jawa piston opening it up to except a 16.5mm needle bearing. Yeah, don't do that. The holes are slightly tapered inward from the side of the piston so it made the wristpin all sloppy. Kinda weird. Not sure if all Pistons are like this or just Jawa ones. I ordered the correct bearing on eBay since it was the only one I could find online in that size and it ships from Hong Kong... Oh well. It's mopeds. 

Anyways, I ordered a cheep aftermarket standard piston on eBay from Hungary and I'm incredibly impressed with it! Seem like really nice quality although it needs a little beveling on the skirt since it's pretty sharp. Easy though. It came with the piston, rings, and clips! Super cheap, larger ring gap then stock, (wider exhaust portttttt!!!!) and grooves to retain oil. Buy buy buy!
(Ring gaps are labeled on pistons)

No comments:

Post a Comment