Saturday, September 5, 2015

...And what's the deal with Vespa paint?!

Vespa must have used the greatest paint ever applied to any object ever in the 80's because I can't take it off. Sandblasting it hardly breaks the surface. I've tried aerosol paint stripper and brush on stripper for water and oil based paints with zeeeero results. I've just about got it all down to bare metal now, but only after taking an air sander to it and hitting it with 3 coats of aircraft paint remover for what I couldn't reach. Sandblasting will have to get the nooks and crannies. Why do I need it totally bare you ask? Because this bike was being built for my girlfriend who wanted it soft pink and white. I built a powdercoating oven from an old gutted fridge and an oven I picked up on Craigslist. I had already started tearing into stripping it when we broke up. Hmm... Welp! I'm still building it this way since I already have the pink and white powdercoat and a Malossi reed case/Malossi crank/Malossi 43 already built that's just waiting in a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment